Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Final Countdown

Three weeks my friends. Three weeks...

This is the amount of time I have left in my big, beautiful Thailand. Last year, three weeks would have been a long and decent time to be in a foreign country for me. A long and sweet vacation, a good time away from work and life at home, and the perfect amount of time away. However, today marking my 11th week away, three just doesn't seem like enough time.

 But I know that it is enough time, and my teensy bit of panic is the normal reaction to the commitment one makes when clicking the "confirm purchase" button on an airline website. Yes, I have actually bought my ticket home. Dave flies home to Portland on the 21st, and I will be trailing right behind him on a flight to Portland on the 22nd. I will stay in Portland for a couple of weeks before making my way to the big I.F. (That's Idaho Falls for any of you who are cool enough to not know the abbreviation for my teensy home town/city).

 I am quite surprised at my own excitement to return home. Lets just be honest, I never thought I would see the day that I would be moving back in with my parents, let alone being excited about it. I suppose the fact that I know it's for two or three months makes it comforting, and summer is easily the most beautiful time of year back home. Most of all, I am ready for a new challenge, and if I know anything about living in Idaho Falls, I know it will be a challenge. Good thing I have the best cheerleading squad a girl could ask for. <3




No comments:

Post a Comment