Thursday, March 21, 2013

Lazy Brunch: Perfected.

First off, for those of you who aren't on facebook, I have uploaded another album on there which has all my photos from the monastery and some of my current stay in Pai as well. Here is a link to those pictures: Album 3.

 I love technology.

This evening about an hour before sunset, Julie and I decided to take our scooters on a ride up through the hills east of Pai. She hasn't been that way yet, and I was just going to lead us through an hour-long loop that brings us back into town, but I decided to take a turn onto a dirt path about 20 minutes in. About a half a mile in, we were pretty shocked to realize there were 6 different elephants spread out over the fields we were stopped in. They must have been the elephants they do the tours with, but there was nobody else around, just Julie and I and various elephants munching on grasses. The sunset was especially smokey and fiery tonight, and being with the elephants as the sun went down was absolutely surreal.




Julie and the Elly


There are two elephants here, one on the left and one in the middle on the hill...

Smile!
The smoke here has kind of been making us sick. It's particularly bad this week, although I was told today that by the time Dave and I make it up here in about 3 weeks, it will be the beginning of the first rains and things should be much better. I have been feeling like I have had a cold the last few days, but it's just from the smoke making my throat, eyes, and nose irritated. Julie has been the same, so I am pretty sure we aren't getting sick.

We have had such a ball being lazy this week. Waking up whenever and then finding some shack on our street to have breakfast and sit and talk over coffee for two or three hours. By breakfast, I mean brunch. It's usually between 11 and 1. I've had rougher times in my life, let's just say that.

Hope you are doing well and then some. <3

-H


No comments:

Post a Comment